Stolen Valor Or Thift Store Warrior? | North Carolina Gun Owners logo_ncgunowners_com_small

Stolen Valor Or Thift Store Warrior?

BarkingMad

Reactions
I ran across this story about another anti-shoplifter superhero. I post this, not to ignite debate on whether he was right or wrong (he's wrong), but because of the discussion of his "uniform". I know less than nothing about uniforms and accompanying hardware so I thought that you guys would have fun with it.

Reynolds is said to have served 24 years in the Army and Air Force, according to the reporting of the crack news team bringing us the story. Somehow, in that time, he accumulated missileer, maintenance, enlisted aircrew, infantry, parachutist, and a host of other qualifications … according to the hardware visible on his uniform.
http://www.jqpublicblog.com/curious-video-air-force-infantry-vigilante/#disqus_thread

Catman72

Reactions
I was unaware you can wear an EIB and Air Assault wings in the Air Force. This guy's a clown.

Blackwater

Reactions
You'd think with all that salad and other accoutrements he'd be higher ranking than an E-6. Collar brass should have a circle around it. Ribbons are a hodgepodge.

Ronnie

Reactions
Said he was in both the Army and Air Force. For a while, in the 1990s, all
USAF wore officers' US on their uniforms. Looks as if was a pathfinder
for the 101st Abn. I knew several that did 20 and retired Tech Sgt.

Ronnie

1stSPWAR

Reactions
The US collar insignia is definitely Officer not Enlisted and the 101st RECONDO patch would only be authorized for wear while serving as a member of the 101st Airborne (Air Assault ) The same rules applied to the alike course run by the 82nd Airborne. .it was a unit level only award. And would certainly not transfer to a USAF uniform.

The EIB ,Parachutist Badge ,Air Assault badge would transfer from Army to USAF. .but the Missile badge should be where the unauthorized 101st RECONDO is wrongfully placed.

FYI..the RECONDO badge and the division level Pathfinder badge differ by the torch flame atop of the patch for Pathfinder unit members. This does not mean the person is Pathfinder qualified at the Army level thus authorized the Pathfinder Skill badge that would transfer for wear between services.

Dasmoke

Reactions
Audey Murphy did not have half the ribbons this cat has, just imagine the war stories that come out of his mouth.

Catman72

Reactions
1stSPWAR said:
The US collar insignia is definitely Officer not Enlisted and the 101st RECONDO patch would only be authorized for wear while serving as a member of the 101st Airborne (Air Assault ) The same rules applied to the alike course run by the 82nd Airborne. .it was a unit level only award. And would certainly not transfer to a USAF uniform.

The EIB ,Parachutist Badge ,Air Assault badge would transfer from Army to USAF. .but the Missile badge should be where the unauthorized 101st RECONDO is wrongfully placed.

FYI..the RECONDO badge and the division level Pathfinder badge differ by the torch flame atop of the patch for Pathfinder unit members. This does not mean the person is Pathfinder qualified at the Army level thus authorized the Pathfinder Skill badge that would transfer for wear between services.
Well, I will consider myself educated. Having only served in 1 branch, I had no idea that you could wear awards and qualifications in another, especially one that doesn't have an equivalent. Probably just saved me some serious embarrassment as I probably would have questioned this had I seen it. Thanks 1st!

NCPatrolAR

Reactions
You should have seen the hell one of our scouts went through. He was a former SEAL and was authorized to wear his trident on his BDUs. He literally walked with a copy of orders for the trident and the section of 670-1 that permitted it's wear

1stSPWAR

Reactions
Catman72 said:
1stSPWAR said:

Well, I will consider myself educated. Having only served in 1 branch, I had no idea that you could wear awards and qualifications in another, especially one that doesn't have an equivalent. Probably just saved me some serious embarrassment as I probably would have questioned this had I seen it. Thanks 1st!

Brother ,

Educated on the subject is a very relative thing on both our parts.

Uniform policies change from time to time and certainly from branch to branch.

I recall earning the Jungle Expert patch from attending the course at Ft.Sherman , Panama in the Mid 1980's. The Subdued patch was allowed for wear on the BDU and OG107 Jungle Fatigues at the time only while Serving as an Active Member of the 1st SOCOM , XVIII Airborne Corp and if memory serves ? , the 7th Infantry Division. Units in Panama ( SouthCom) were also allowed to wear it. A colorized version in a Clear Plastic Sleeve was also authorized for wear on the Class A Uniform.

With the above said...Here's the Kicker. Once you left any of the above Commands , wear of the patch was No Longer Authorized , but the Attendance of the Course still reflected on your records and I think added for some token promotion points?

Today I see Jungle Expert Tabs...and even a Tab made into a badge for wear on the Class A Uniform...as I've always heard nothing stays the same. I cannot say that all items crossover from One Branch to another in all cases. I know the Army and Air Force tend to work together from obvious historical links on lots of this , not all by any means. Example....Joe Snuffy does a 3 year hitch in the Army , he's a awarded the Expert Riflemans Badge , at the end of his time in the Army he joins the USAF. The Army Marksmanship Badge does not crossover as the USAF has a Ribbon/Medal for that particular qualification...I have no idea if Joe Snuffy is automatically entitled to the USAF Ribbon ? but I know he can't wear the previous Army Badge in place of it.

NCGO Vendors

Support our great vendors - they help keep NCGO going!
Find the NCGO Vendors near you
Benefits of becoming a vendor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinte graham

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just moved in from Richmond,VA. What are the rules for posting a rifle for sale?
Looking to buy a 9mm or 40 for around 200 bucks. Located in Raleigh Nc, have concealed carry permit
ncshooter+1 wrote on Admin's profile.
Don't know the problem? When I post a new tread it never seems to make the 'New post' or the 'Trending' page. I have over 1,200 post and many treads starting by me, none have ever hit the 'New Post' page, and seldomly hit 'New Post' when others respond,
Riding Shotgun wrote on weaponoffreedom's profile.
Hey Buddy, I do appreciate your wanting to walk with the Lord, and I feel compelled to point his out for your benefit as a Christian. God tells us to answer anger with a soft reply. Also, we don't act like, or speak like the world, we don't use bad language. This is meant to help you in your walk with Christ, not bust your chops.
james slate wrote on OklawahaAR's profile.
do u have pics

Staff online